Men’s blazers combine exceptional tailoring and stretch with details that matter. Blazers for men are the go-to for formal occasions or for creating a casual blazer outfit. No matter the look you are going for, there is a way to pair jackets for men with other items to achieve your preferred style.
Men’s blazers combine exceptional tailoring and stretch with details that matter. Blazers for men are the go-to for formal occasions or for creating a casual blazer outfit. No matter the look you are going for, there is a way to pair jackets for men with other items to achieve your preferred style. ... Read more Read less
Men's Blazers FAQ
Sticking to some basic rules about the best ways to pair your men’s blazers with other clothing items and accessories will help prevent fashion faux pas. Here are some handy tips to keep in mind when incorporating jackets for men into your wardrobe.
- Keep it short in the body. There is a rule of thumb — literally — when it comes to the hem of your men’s blazers. It should hit the thumb knuckle where your joint meets your palm. Jackets for men should cover your backside without dragging too low.
- Leave room for additional layers. Men’s blazers differ from suit jackets in that they are meant for layering underneath. When sizing yours, make sure to leave ample space for a shirt (or two) plus a waistcoat.
- Mix and match. Part of the fun of owning blazers for men is employing different colours, fabrics, and patterns. Make a statement with your men’s blazers.
- Never stop at just one. You can never go wrong when you fill your robe with different styles of men’s blazers. From inexpensive to pricey pieces, make sure you are ready for any occasion.
How can you style a blazer casually?
Guys, you may be wondering how best to style a men’s blazer casually. You cannot go wrong with a jeans-blazer combination. But just because the two can be blended well does not mean there are no rules for matching them up. Whilst it seems quite simple, coupling the two can go very wrong unless you adhere to the following style tips:
- Never pair a men’s blazer and formal white shirt with jeans. There is no exception to this rule. You will not be a trendsetter if you break it.
- Find blazers for men that match the formality and look of the jeans. Choose similar fabrics for both, and do not be afraid to get creative with the jeans. Men’s jeans come in different shades and can be tapered, pleated, or rolled at the cuff. There is a blazer to match every style of jeans. Darker-coloured jeans tend to work well for versatility with men’s blazers. If all else fails, give them a go for sure-fire success.
Want to have a little more fun with your blazer for men? Consider pairing it with shorts for a playful take on the style. Shorts and men’s blazers are a perfect match for summer. Try blending a fun blazer with a pair of chinos in a matching or complementary colour. To complete the look, consider adding a men’s shirt in a contrasting hue and a pair of casual footwear (think sandals or runners).
Want to amp up the casual look and feel of your outfit? Toss in a men’s beanie or woven waist belt to complete the ensemble.
When should I use a blazer or jacket?
Blazers and jackets serve two distinct purposes, with differing fits and functions between the two. Men’s blazers are essentially a step down from a formal suit jacket while offering a versatility that allows them to be worn for formal occasions and on casual outings.
A blazer for men differs from a men’s suit because it does not come with matching trousers. Some of the most common fabrics for blazers are worsted serge, flannel, and hopsack. Traditionally, blazers were solid colours, most often navy blue, but blazers are now available in a variety of solid hues. Some even have a striped pattern that complements the main colour and cut of the blazer.
Jackets for men have a relaxed fit, as they are meant to go over layers. Some men pair them with knitwear. Jackets are meant to look more rugged than a traditional blazer. They are made from sturdy fabrics like tweed or houndstooth. Since they are intended to be more casual, wear them only for informal outings.
What range of men’s jackets do we stock?
From formal suit jackets to men’s blazers, we have a variety of men’s jackets in stock. We even have men’s overcoats for cooler weather, when wearing a blazer or suit jacket alone is not enough to keep you warm. Oxford offers access to a range of sizes and styles to suit every individual taste. Men who desire a well-rounded wardrobe can choose from our vast selection of jackets.
What should I look for in a men’s blazer?
When it comes down to it, choosing the perfect men’s blazer is about your personal style. That is why we offer a selection of fabrics, colours, and fits to suit every taste. Aside from choosing a blazer for men that suits your sense of fashion, there are some basic tips to help you select the best fit. After all, a blazer only looks good when it is styled to complement your shape. Follow these recommendations to find your perfect fit.
- Make sure there is ample room in the shoulders to allow your arms to move about freely. There is a fine line between having enough and too much space. If you can extend your shoulder points by more than 1.27 centimetres, the fit is a bit too roomy.
- When you button the men’s blazer, there should be a bit of space in the chest area. If you can fit a baseball in there once the jacket is buttoned, then you have left a little too much room for movement in the chest.
- Blazer jackets for men should have sleeves that extend to the wrist bone. Roughly 1.9 centimetres of your shirt cuff should be showing (if you are wearing a long-sleeved shirt).