For ladies, the cool, calm and collected look is what's hot in fashion right now, with designers such as Alex Perry, Collette Dinnigan and Rachel Gilbert exuding Parisian chic.
According to Vogue, to pull off chic dressing, there are ten things you should know:
1. Tight fitting white jeans with a white top says cool and polished. Add a visual twist by finishing off your outfit with a dazzling blue clutch and heels.
2. Nothing says chic more than a classic beige coat, which is worn well with neutral colours such as black and white.
3. Channel the androgenous look and take inspiration from a man's suit. The masculine tailoring will looks its best when mixed with a feminine touch such as delicate heels.
4. Cuff your jeans so that they skim just above your ankles. This look works well with both flats and heels.
5. A belted dress coat says it all.
6. Head-to-toe black needs to be textured in order to look chic. Try a wide-brimmed hat with a pair of tight shorts and boots.
7. For a more classic and demure look, try teaming a buttoned up polo with a below-the-knee hemline.
8. Look for ruffles to make a statement with your dress. Keep everything else simple and your hair pinned back.
9. For a simple yet elegant look, try tucking a blue chambray shirt into a leather skirt. Keep things soft with long flowing locks.
10. For days when the wind picks up, try throwing a patterned shawl over your shoulders.